[sci.electronics] GAL PROGRAMMING

rdt154k@monu6.cc.monash.edu.au (mr n benci) (01/24/91)

Can some one direct me to where I can obtain information on programming
GAL devices, ie; 16V8, 20V8, 18V8 (?) and 22V10. I wish to build a cheap
programmer to work off a serial port. And NO I don't want to spend up or
even over $800 on a commercial unit. This purely for my own use. Thanks in
advance.

* Nino Benci. 			      * Confucious say			     *
* Monash University, Caulfield Campus * 'Never stand alone against           *
* Physics Department		      * against ignorance'		     *
* 900 Dandenong Rd, Caulfield East    *				             *
* VIC, 3145. Tel (03) 573 2355/2519   *				             *
* Australia			      *                                      *
* email oz: rdt154k@monu6.cc.monash.oz.au				     *
* email world: rdt154k%monu6.cc.monash.edu.au@uunet.uu.net		     *

gbell@sdcc13.ucsd.edu (Greg Bell) (01/26/91)

In article <1991Jan23.211854.12078@monu6.cc.monash.edu.au> rdt154k@monu6.cc.monash.edu.au (mr  n    benci) writes:
>Can some one direct me to where I can obtain information on programming
>GAL devices, ie; 16V8, 20V8, 18V8 (?) and 22V10. I wish to build a cheap
>programmer to work off a serial port. And NO I don't want to spend up or
>even over $800 on a commercial unit. This purely for my own use. Thanks in
>advance.

HiTech Equipment Corp sells one.  I'm not sure how much it is, but I
can guarantee its $200 or less...

I'm not sure if they're available... I am personally working for
them (part time, while in school) to try and finish up the new
design, but there might be a few of the originals left.  There's nothing
wrong with the "old" design except that the programmers were bought
premade from some company in Europe.  HTE sold all of those, but
needs to manufacture more, and there were some improvements to be made.

Greg Bell

Call HTE at (619) 566-1892 for info.  They've got a flyer with
details.  The programmer does 16V8 and 20V8 devices, but not the
other two you mentioned.