[sci.electronics] Help finding sensors!

roberts@saguaro.cs.odu.edu (-*- sun of unix -*-) (01/29/91)

 I hope someone can help me with this. I'm looking for sensors that
 can detect concentrations of elements and compounds in a solution.
 I've called several electronics companies but to no avail. If anyone
 can help me with this post to the net or drop me a line at

     roberts@cs.odu.edu

    Thanks..

kludge@grissom.larc.nasa.gov ( Scott Dorsey) (01/30/91)

In article <1991Jan28.233254.26214@cs.odu.edu> roberts@cs.odu.edu (-*- sun of unix -*-) writes:
> I hope someone can help me with this. I'm looking for sensors that
> can detect concentrations of elements and compounds in a solution.
> I've called several electronics companies but to no avail. If anyone
> can help me with this post to the net or drop me a line at

Try calling Omega, which advertises just about everywhere and has a hundred
brightly coloured handbooks out.  Also you might look at the Beckman catalogue.
I have used both firm's oxygen and hydrogen ion probes and had no difficulties.
Other than the high prices, of course, which is a risk when buying from
analytical test equipment manufacturers.  I know Hewlett-Packard Medical Systems
also makes some nifty probes but I have never used them.
--scott