[sci.electronics] Electric Fence

rambler@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Dan Meyer) (02/01/91)

szarekw@lonexc.radc.af.mil (William J. Szarek) writes:
>In article <1991Jan29.202923.11185@ms.uky.edu> ghot@s.ms.uky.edu (Allan Adler) writes:
>>
>>How do you know that the liquid does not separate into discrete
>>drops as it falls ? If that were the case, then there would not
>>be a connection between the source of the liquid and the source of
>>electricity. The reason I raise this possibility is that I remember
>>Allan Adler
>>ghot@ms.uky.edu
>
>I *know* that the stream is steady enough.  I live on a farm and was clearing
>the brush from the fence line when time came to 'relieve' my self.  *My*
>stream made contact with the electric fence line.  *TRUST ME* it will work.
>
>Fence electrifiers (if that is what they are called) can be picked up at
>any Agaway or True Value Hardware /home and garden stores.
>
>It should solve your problem.  I don't remove brush from the fence line anymore!
>(I leave it to the hired man.  .  . but I watch ;-})
>
>-buzz

This reminds me of a summer on a farm with my grandparents. There was this
particulerly nasty barn cat that I wanted to teach a lesson. I tried and tried
to make him touch the electric fence and get the nasty shock; I had no luck.

So, I grabbed him, touched him to the fence while holding his middle ---

-- I was much more surprised than the cat about the nasty shock I recieved !!!

-- Dan Meyer
Remember: " Buffalo never Oink " Seen on a South Dakota travel brocure.
Advertisment: Try the Railway Post Office , a railfan BBS ! (612) 377-2197.
UUCP: {crash tcnet}!orbit!pnet51!rambler
ARPA: crash!orbit!pnet51!rambler@nosc.mil
INET: rambler@pnet51.orb.mn.org