[sci.electronics] Simple CRT controller?

whit@milton.u.washington.edu (John Whitmore) (02/01/91)

In article <1991Jan31.232836.8249@src.honeywell.com> lowry@src.honeywell.com (Dave Lowry) writes:
>Could someone suggest a simple do-it-all CRT controller like the old TI9118?
>I'm *not* looking for a TI340x0, NEC7220 kind of thing.  I want something
>that reads video RAMs and squirts out composite video.  Thanks.

	I presume you don't want the TBP9928 (assuming it's still made).
The all-in-one video chips are usually for low performance applications,
and Commodore makes several different kinds; 8562 is NTSC 320x200
pixels (or 40 col/25 row text) with 8 sprites; 8360 is similar
with more colors (121).  Both do transparent DMA to DRAMs, and
generate CAS and RAS signals for direct connection.

	John Whitmore