[sci.electronics] ARM info needed

rmich@Lise.Unit.NO (Rolf Michelsen) (01/31/91)

Can anybody out there send me the address of VLSI-Technologies or any other source of information on the ARM chipset (as used in the Archimedes computers by Acorn)? I have heard rumours about 'data-sheets for free' - is this the case??

Thanks.

     ___________________       ____________________
    /                   |     /                    |
   / Snail-Mail:        |    /  E-mail:            |
  /  Rolf Michelsen     |   /   rmich@lise.unit.no |
  \  Studpost 130       |   \                      |  "Don't get caught in
   \ 7034 Trondheim-NTH |    \                     |   the net....."
    \___________________|     \____________________|

asmith@acorn.co.uk (Andy Smith) (02/01/91)

In article <1991Jan31.130549.3710@ugle.unit.no> rmich@Lise.Unit.NO (Rolf Michelsen) writes:

>Can anybody out there send me the address of VLSI-Technologies or any other source of information on the ARM chipset (as used in the Archimedes computers by Acorn)? I have heard rumours about 'data-sheets for free' - is this the case??
>
>Thanks.

The ARM chip set now consists of :-

ARM 2 - the original ARM
ARM 2as - the static ARM
ARM 3 - ARM 2 with a 4k cache
MEMC - the original memory controller
MEMC 1a - the improved version
VIDC - the video controller
IOC - the Input/Output controller

The Chips are now designed by ARM ltd, which is jointly owned by Acorn
computers, Apple computers and VLSI ltd.

You should be able to get information from VLSI Tech, Application specific
logic products div., 8375 South River Parkway, Tempe, AZ 85284, USA

VLSI, 486-488 Midsummer Blvd, Saxon Gate West, Milton Keynes, MK9 2EQ,
England

Andy