[sci.electronics] Stereo FM Transmitter

krikori@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Raffi Krikorian ) (01/24/91)

	I'm Interested in building an FM transmitter that would transmit
a left and right signal which could be received on a regular FM
receiver (i.e. a deadspot between 88 and 108 Mhz).  I only need a range
of upto 20 ft.

			Raffi

agb@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Sam Habegger) (01/26/91)

In article <36152@netnews.upenn.edu> krikori@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Raffi Krikorian ) writes:

>	I'm Interested in building an FM transmitter that would transmit
>a left and right signal which could be received on a regular FM
>receiver (i.e. a deadspot between 88 and 108 Mhz).  I only need a range
>of upto 20 ft.
>
>			Raffi

DC Electronics
P.O. Box 3203
Scottsdale, AZ 85271-3203  phone  1-800-423-0070

has an FM Stereo Transmitter Kit, Catalog Number SFM-II
for $19.95.  The description says the kit uses the Ba1404
stereo broadcast I.C. and can transmit anywhere within
the FM Band (88-108 Mhz).        Good Luck!

cameronjames@snoc01.enet.dec.com (James Cameron) (01/31/91)

I built a Stereo FM Transmitter based on the BA1404 chip; it works fine
at the kit design voltage of 1.5v, but works even better at 3v.

Does anyone have data on this chip?  What is it's maximum supply voltage?

James Cameron
Sydney, Australia
cameronjames@snoc01.enet.dec.com

agb@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Sam Habegger) (02/01/91)

>I built a Stereo FM Transmitter based on the BA1404 chip; it works fine
>at the kit design voltage of 1.5v, but works even better at 3v.
>
>Does anyone have data on this chip?  What is it's maximum supply voltage?

The data sheet recomended supply voltage is 1v - 3v,
with absolute maximum at 3.6v.

bill@flutter.tv.tek.com (William K. McFadden) (02/02/91)

In article <1991Jan31.101145@snoc01.enet.dec.com> cameronjames@snoc01.enet.dec.com (James Cameron) writes:
>I built a Stereo FM Transmitter based on the BA1404 chip; it works fine
>at the kit design voltage of 1.5v, but works even better at 3v.
>Does anyone have data on this chip?  What is it's maximum supply voltage?

Running it at 3V is kind of risky.  Here's the specs from the Rohm data
book:

Vcc @ 25C:
Min.	Typ.	Max.	Absolute Max.
1V	1.25V	2V	2.5V
--
Bill McFadden    Tektronix, Inc.  P.O. Box 500  MS 58-639  Beaverton, OR  97077
bill@videovax.tv.tek.com,     {hplabs,uw-beaver,decvax}!tektronix!videovax!bill