[sci.electronics] PC parallel port input/output access

crs@lanl.gov (Charlie Sorsby) (02/02/91)

In article <7883@umd5.umd.edu>, wchan@umd5.umd.edu (Winthrop D Chan) writes:
> Hi, I'm trying to find data on how to use the IBM-PC parallel port for both
> output and INPUT. I know this can be done since quite a few transfer programs
> do this trick. I need port numbers and how they do it.

I'd appreciate similar information about both parallel and serial
ports.

To be more specific, I'd like to be able to use the ports from C
programs (microSoft C 5.1 at the moment) but I'm not super-familiar
with PC's and where to find the information that I need.

Any help will be sincerely appreciated.  E-mail is prefered for I
can't seem to keep up with news.  Sigh...

If I receive useful information, I'll happily summarize for the
net.

Thanks.

Best,

Charlie Sorsby						"I'm the NRA!"