[sci.electronics] schematics & data for MIDI controllers

msp@psuecl.bitnet (02/03/91)

i'm interested in building some simple midi controllers for
an art effects unit.  what i'd like to have is a row
of 8 continuously variable controllers to send midi data
to alter parameters on the unit.  there are versions of
this commercially produced (like the fadermaster) but
are more expensive and have more features than i
need.  if anyone has schematics and data for a midi
data generator such as this, i'd greatly appreciate
it.  i'll post a summary if there appears to be
enough interest.

thanks much,

mark pfaff

bender@oobleck.Eng.Sun.COM (Michael Bender) (02/05/91)

In article <1991Feb2.233702.606@psuecl.bitnet> msp@psuecl.bitnet writes:

>i'm interested in building some simple midi controllers for
>an art effects unit.  what i'd like to have is a row
>of 8 continuously variable controllers to send midi data
>to alter parameters on the unit.  [...]

check out the latest issue of electronic musician, I think
they have an article on an 8-channel midi cv controller
project based around the 8051 (and notice also the snide
undertones about the previous "universal midi controller"
articles that were based on the 68HC11 - anyone know why
EM just up and switched like that?)

mike

--
Won't look like rain,           Won't look like snow,            | DOD #000007
Won't look like fog,            That's all we know!              | AMA #511250