[sci.electronics] *THIS POST SHOULD NOT BE READ BE SADDAM HUESSIN*

rick@ofa123.fidonet.org (Rick Ellis) (02/07/91)

On <Feb 04 19:48> Michael Bender writes:

 MB> this weekend I bought several of Radio Shack's Plug-N-Power modules and a
 MB> couple of their controllers; this system is similar (identical, I think)
 MB> to the BSR X-10 home control system that's been around for a few years now.

Not only identical to X-10's system but built by them too.  Be aware that the
name of the company is X-10, not BSR.

--
Rick Ellis
Internet: rick@ofa123.fidonet.org

bender@oobleck.Eng.Sun.COM (Michael Bender) (02/07/91)

In article <2394.27B07949@ofa123.fidonet.org> rick@ofa123.fidonet.org (Rick Ellis) writes:
->On <Feb 04 19:48> Michael Bender writes:
->
-> MB> this weekend I bought several of Radio Shack's Plug-N-Power modules and a
-> MB> couple of their controllers; this system is similar (identical, I think)
-> MB> to the BSR X-10 home control system that's been around for a few years now.
->
->Not only identical to X-10's system but built by them too.  Be aware that the
->name of the company is X-10, not BSR.

I think they were originally developed and marketted by BSR about
6 or 7 years ago.  I was in Fry's Electronics this afternoon to
pick up a CP290, the X-10 controller with an RS-232 interface,
and I saw some old, dusty BSR modules still for sale (said BSR on
the package).  I don't know if BSR sold the right to X-10 in NJ,
or if X-10 is a subsidiary of BSR.  I'm planning on writing a
letter to X-10 with some product improvement suggestions; anyone
that wants me to include suggestions that they have, please
feel free to e-mail them to me and I'll include them in my
letter.  I'll probably send the letter out in about 2 weeks.

mike
--
Won't look like rain,           Won't look like snow,            | DOD #000007
Won't look like fog,            That's all we know!              | AMA #511250