[sci.electronics] NEC UPD791 ccd sensor

ken@hertz.njit.edu (ken ng cccc) (02/09/91)

Has anyone made use of the NEC UPD791 4096 element CCD sensor I have seen
advertised in CCI and other periodicals?  Are interface information
and/or application notes available from besides the company?  I myself
am thinking about building a scanner to digitize all the articles and
newspaper clippings I've accumulated over the years to reduce the fire
hazard from all the paper.  I'm also looking for examples on OCR, but
that's outside the scope of this newsgroup.

magore@watserv1.waterloo.edu (Mike Gore, Institute Computer Research - ICR) (02/12/91)

Re: NEC UPD791 4096 pixel line CCD

In article <2268@njitgw.njit.edu>
ken@hertz.njit.edu (ken ng cccc) writes:
>Are interface information and/or application notes available from besides
>the company?

	Do you mean besides NEC ? NEC publishes info on the chip WITH circuit
examples. Basically all clocks to the chip are 0 to 12.0 volt control
signals - two phase. [You can use DH0026 level converters to convert from TTL
to the correct clock levels.] Supply voltage for the device is 12.0V. As far
as theory goes I would suggest getting a TI, Fairchild or Thompson CCD data
book - they have good overviews of CCD operation...

# Mike Gore, Technical Support, Institute for Computer Research
# Phone:     1-519-885-1211, x6205
# Fax:	     1-519-885-1208
# Internet:  magore@watserv1.waterloo.edu  or  magore@watserv1.uwaterloo.ca
# UUCP:	     uunet!watmath!watserv1!magore