[sci.electronics] Simpson 260 VOM schematics needed

helmke@galaxy.cps.msu.edu (Scott A Helmke) (02/18/91)

           Simpson 260(series 6)  VOM  Schematics needed!!!!

     Years ago, my meter was a Simpson 260.6, which I fried
one day.  I have recently resurrected it, but need schematics
so I can replace *exactly* some of the completely blackened
resistors, instead of guessing the values.  Anybody got a line
on the stuff?  This meter still has plenty of work, since my
DDM can be fooled by a complex signal at times, and a second meter
is a truly handy thing to have for some tests...

Scott
--
"People keep waitin' on a change, they ain't get sense enough to come
in out of the rain"       --Parliament

Scott Helmke        helmke@cps.msu.edu

danr@ais.org (Daniel Romanchik) (02/22/91)

In article <1991Feb17.173113.24796@msuinfo.cl.msu.edu> helmke@galaxy.cps.msu.edu (Scott A Helmke) writes:

>           Simpson 260(series 6)  VOM  Schematics needed!!!!
>

>     Years ago, my meter was a Simpson 260.6, which I fried
>one day.  I have recently resurrected it, but need schematics
>so I can replace *exactly* some of the completely blackened
>resistors, instead of guessing the values.  Anybody got a line
>on the stuff?  This meter still has plenty of work, since my
>DDM can be fooled by a complex signal at times, and a second meter
>is a truly handy thing to have for some tests...

Simpson is still in business.  As a matter of fact, they just came out
with a new version of the analog 260. Why don't you contact them for a
manual?  The address is:

Simpson Electric Co.
853 Dundee Ave.
Elgin, IL 60120