[sci.electronics] Source for crystals needed

asd@cbnewsj.att.com (Adam S. Denton) (02/19/91)

I am looking for a vendor that can supply experimental quantities
(i.e. 1 or 2) crystals for a project.  Because the frequency I need is
not standard, the crystals will have to be custom-ground.

Are there any crystal manufacturers/vendors that cater to the hobbyist
in that they can supply very-low quantities of custom crystals at
reasonable prices?  (Anybody got the number for ICM?)

Incidentally, this is for the 3.90625 MHz unit needed for R-E's
build-your-own-frequency-counter article of a few year's back.
(I'm using a 4MHz now but all the readings have to be scaled by 1.024!!)

Thanks in advance!!  (Please Cc: me in e-mail if you post; I can't always
read this group in a timely manner...)

Adam Denton
asd@mtqua.att.com

danr@ais.org (Daniel Romanchik) (02/22/91)

In article <1991Feb18.163915.17275@cbnewsj.att.com> asd@cbnewsj.att.com (Adam S. Denton) writes:
>I am looking for a vendor that can supply experimental quantities
>(i.e. 1 or 2) crystals for a project.  Because the frequency I need is
>not standard, the crystals will have to be custom-ground.
>
>Are there any crystal manufacturers/vendors that cater to the hobbyist
>in that they can supply very-low quantities of custom crystals at
>reasonable prices?  (Anybody got the number for ICM?)
>
>Incidentally, this is for the 3.90625 MHz unit needed for R-E's
>build-your-own-frequency-counter article of a few year's back.
>(I'm using a 4MHz now but all the readings have to be scaled by 1.024!!)

JAN Crystals has been advertising in ham mags ever since I got my
license nearly 20 years ago.  They even have an 800 number:

800-256-9825

Have fun, Dan  (danr@irie.ais.org)