[sci.electronics] info on chip TL494CN wanted

dt@yenta.alb.nm.us (David B. Thomas) (03/06/91)

I have a broken switching power supply that has a chip
in it labeled:
	TL494CN
	RLFU8940

It's a 16 pin dip.  I'm guessing it might be bad because
the power supply doesn't work, and I've checked every
component I know how to check.

				little david
				dt@yenta.alb.nm.us
--
It's not sold in any stores...now find out why.
Offer void when precluded by common sense.

mead0rs@cbnewse.att.com (gorman.w.meadors) (03/07/91)

In article <1991Mar6.051641.7986@yenta.alb.nm.us> dt@yenta.alb.nm.us (David B. Thomas) writes:
>I have a broken switching power supply that has a chip
>in it labeled:
>	TL494CN
>	RLFU8940
>
>It's a 16 pin dip.  I'm guessing it might be bad because
>the power supply doesn't work, and I've checked every
>component I know how to check.
>
>				little david
>				dt@yenta.alb.nm.us
>--
>It's not sold in any stores...now find out why.
>Offer void when precluded by common sense.

My IC Master lists this as a switching regulator circuit. There are many
suppliers. With the TL in front, there are the following: Motorola and
Texas Instrument are listed. You should be able to order them from
a parts supply house.

whinery@hale.ifa.hawaii.edu (Alan Whinery) (03/13/91)

In article <1991Mar7.140535.19871@cbnewse.att.com> mead0rs@cbnewse.att.com (gorman.w.meadors) writes:
>In article <1991Mar6.051641.7986@yenta.alb.nm.us> dt@yenta.alb.nm.us (David B. Thomas) writes:
>I have a broken switching power supply that has a chip
>in it labeled:
>	TL494CN
>	RLFU8940

(...)
>				little david
>				dt@yenta.alb.nm.us
>--
>It's not sold in any stores...now find out why.
>Offer void when precluded by common sense.

Au contraire -- it is widely available. I have several that I bought
over the counter at a store right here in Honolulu.

If no store, then mail order should take about a week. JDR or Digikey
must have it.

--
Regards,
Alan Whinery