[sci.electronics] DIG AUDIO: AES to IBM ???

cpyy@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (03/07/91)

Does anyone out there have any suggestions on
how to bring AES (from a DAT) into an IBM.
Since AES uses Manchestor encoding, it would
be too hard for me to build a ser-to-par converter.

Maybe there exists some chip?
       -Jon
         cpyy@vax5.cit.cornell.edu

kls30@duts.ccc.amdahl.com (Kent L Shephard) (03/13/91)

In article <1991Mar6.234309.3198@vax5.cit.cornell.edu> cpyy@vax5.cit.cornell.edu writes:
>Does anyone out there have any suggestions on
>how to bring AES (from a DAT) into an IBM.
>Since AES uses Manchestor encoding, it would
>be too hard for me to build a ser-to-par converter.
>
>Maybe there exists some chip?
>       -Jon
>         cpyy@vax5.cit.cornell.edu

I too would also like suggestions, but my application is a little different.
I would like to take an AES/EBU format signal from a DAT and send it to a
NeXT.  What is the format for AES/EBU.  The NeXT has a 56000 family DSP
that expects digital input and generates digital output in a multiplexed
data stream.  That is one bit left then one bit right.

          Thanks, Kent
--
/*  -The opinions expressed are my own, not my employers.    */
/*      For I can only express my own opinions.              */