[sci.electronics] Where to get RS-xxx spec's?

hucaby@mri.uky.edu (David Hucaby) (03/13/91)

Here's a dumb question:

I would like to get a copy of the real RS-170 video signal spec,
but I don't have any notion as to who publishes it.
There seems to be bunches of these specs (RS-232, RS-422, etc.) but
I've never seen them in their official form. Are they from the FCC?

--
   _________   David Hucaby 	 University of Kentucky MRI Center
       /    \  _        ____     800 Rose Street, HM103

danr@ais.org (Daniel Romanchik) (03/14/91)

In article <1991Mar13.040928.26959@ms.uky.edu> hucaby@mri.uky.edu (David Hucaby) writes:
>Here's a dumb question:
>
>I would like to get a copy of the real RS-170 video signal spec,
>but I don't have any notion as to who publishes it.
>There seems to be bunches of these specs (RS-232, RS-422, etc.) but
>I've never seen them in their official form. Are they from the FCC?

  The RS- specifications, including the RS-232, RS-422, and RS-170
  specifications are published by the Electronics Industries Assn.,
  2001 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20006.

Have fun, Dan (danr@ais.org)