[sci.electronics] TV turning itself off!

davec@maxwell.concordia.ca ( DAVE CHU ) (03/14/91)

I have a Zenith 28" color TV model SS2565K7 that would turn itself off
after around 2 hours of play time, and after that, I must wait 10 to
15 minutes before I could turn it on again.  If I do not wait and try
to turn it on right away it stays on for a minute or two or it will not
go on at all.  Could it be a heat problem?  But, I think someone on the
net with a similar problem mentioned that it was a defective high
voltage protection circiut.  Any advise will be appreciated.

Dave Chu `8^)

davec@maxwell.concordia.ca
davec@davinci.concordia.ca

lrk@k5qwb.UUCP (Lyn R. Kennedy) (03/15/91)

davec@maxwell.concordia.ca ( DAVE CHU ) writes:

> I have a Zenith 28" color TV model SS2565K7 that would turn itself off
> after around 2 hours of play time, and after that, I must wait 10 to

Keep in mind that those holes in the TV cabinet aren't decorations.
I've seen people place a cloth over the TV and after a while it
caught fire. Considering the hazard I would expect your TV to have
some over heat protection unless it's an old one and this would be
a good place to start. Make sure there is adequate ventilation.

> Dave Chu `8^)

---------
                 lrk@k5qwb.UUCP    lrk%k5qwb@kf5iw.UUCP
73,              utacfd.utarl.edu!letni!rwsys!kf5iw!k5qwb!lrk
Lyn Kennedy      K5QWB @ N5LDD.#NTX.TX.US
                 P.O. Box 5133, Ovilla, TX, USA 75154

-------- "We have met the enemy and they are us."  Pogo -----------------