[sci.electronics] electronic surplus around San Jose, CA

lpdjb@brahms.amd.com (Jerry Bemis) (03/15/91)

Where can I find electronic surplus at in San Jose.
I am looking for crystals, IC sokets, connectors, RF signal generators,
scope probes, and what most people would call junk!

The junk house I frequent now has a fair collection of junk but, they want
retail prices for it.  The place I used last year has gone retail now.

ivan@megatest.UUCP (Ivan Batinic) (03/16/91)

>Advanced Component Electronics (ACE)     Sunnyvale

	There's another one in San Jose on Bascom Ave.

>Alltronics                               San Jose? (nr Los Gatos)
					            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
	Actually on Zanker road between Montague and Brokaw.
>>The junk house I frequent now has a fair collection of junk but, they want
>>retail prices for it.  The place I used last year has gone retail now.
> ^^^ sounds like Haltek... We call it "The Museum", since they *obviously*
>                           have no real intention of actually selling any
>                          of their "permanent collection"!

	I was at TestLabs (owned by Haltek on same lot) looking for a
cheap sine-wave generator; They had two: both were 1950's grey
wrinkle-finish with the big dial that has a lock-knob; straight out of
a "C" movie for  $250 EACH!! I then purchased a 3-function (w/VCF)
function generator with a Digital Frequency Counter built-in at Fry's
for $217 brand new!!  I loathe Haltek, but for small components,
they're alright.

	Ivan

P.S.  The guy would not budge on his price, because this was a
"scientific instrument" -- oh! well then -- pardon my insolence.
--
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Email:	    {sun,decwrl,fortune,pyramid}!megatest!ivan

bender@oobleck.Eng.Sun.COM (I want to be eating rich soup in another town) (03/16/91)

In article <15700@sunspot.megatest.UUCP> ivan@megatest.UUCP (Ivan Batinic) writes:
->	I was at TestLabs (owned by Haltek on same lot) looking for a
->cheap sine-wave generator; They had two: both were 1950's grey
->wrinkle-finish with the big dial that has a lock-knob; straight out of
->a "C" movie for  $250 EACH!! I then purchased a 3-function (w/VCF)
->function generator with a Digital Frequency Counter built-in at Fry's
->for $217 brand new!!  I loathe Haltek, but for small components,
->they're alright.
->
->	Ivan
->
->P.S.  The guy would not budge on his price, because this was a
->"scientific instrument" -- oh! well then -- pardon my insolence.

Does anyone know why Haltek was closed for a long time last summer and fall
I believe?  I wonder if it had to do with having a stock pile of "scientific
instruments" that they were trying to sell at list price??

mike
--
Won't look like rain,           Won't look like snow,            | DOD #000007
Won't look like fog,            That's all we know!              | AMA #511250