[sci.electronics] composite to NTSC

ins_atge@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Thomas G Edwards) (04/08/91)

I recently picked up a well-used CCTV camera at a hamfest which has
composite video output (wow, I knew the composite setting on my
Amiga's monitor would come in handy some say).  After discussing my
$15 purchase with my girlfriend, I decided it would be kind of neat
if I could convert the composite to NTSC video so I could record from
it on my VCR.  Is there anyway to do this?

-Tom

rustyh@wam.umd.edu (Rusty Haddock) (04/08/91)

In article <7930@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU> ins_atge@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Thomas G Edwards) writes:
>I recently picked up a well-used CCTV camera at a hamfest which has
>composite video output (wow, I knew the composite setting on my
>Amiga's monitor would come in handy some say).  After discussing my
>$15 purchase with my girlfriend, I decided it would be kind of neat
>if I could convert the composite to NTSC video so I could record from
>it on my VCR.  Is there anyway to do this?
>
>-Tom

This is a little confusing since composite implies a composite NTSC
signal (ie RGB encoded into Luminance + colour subcarrier ).
Your VCR will accept such a composite NTSC signal. Do you mean that
the camera puts out RGB or luminance and colour difference signals (I & Q)?
If so there are modulator chips available to develop the compsite signal.

--
Michael Katzmann  (VK2BEA/G4NYV/NV3Z)   Please email to this address |
Broadcast Sports Technology                                          |