[sci.electronics] BASIC MICROCONTROLLER NEEDED

jjwwjj@mixcom.COM (Robotic Systems) (04/10/91)

I need a microcontroller with:

    BASIC in ROM
    Expandable RAM -- to at least 64K
    Serial I/O -- at least one port
    Parallel I/O -- several lines of each, input and output, would be nice
    Maskable Interupts -- optional

Any suggestions? I'm interested in references and sources for data books.

Thanks.

Clint Laskowski              Post Office Box 552, Cudahy, Wisconsin  53110-0552
ROBOTIC SYSTEMS              INTERNET: robots@mixcom.com  VOICE: (414) 769-9332

hpoppe@ncar.ucar.edu (Herb Poppe) (04/10/91)

In article <505@mixcom.COM> jjwwjj@mixcom.COM (Robotic Systems) writes:
> I need a microcontroller with:
>
>     BASIC in ROM
>     Expandable RAM -- to at least 64K
>     Serial I/O -- at least one port
>     Parallel I/O -- several lines of each, input and output, would be
nice
>     Maskable Interupts -- optional
>
> Any suggestions? I'm interested in references and sources for data books.

Zilog 8671
Intel 8052AHBASIC

Herb Poppe             hpoppe@ncar.ucar.edu
NCAR                      (303) 497-1296
1850 Table Mesa Dr.
Boulder, CO  80307-3000

whit@milton.u.washington.edu (John Whitmore) (04/11/91)

In article <505@mixcom.COM> jjwwjj@mixcom.COM (Robotic Systems) writes:
>I need a microcontroller with:
>
>    BASIC in ROM
>    Expandable RAM -- to at least 64K
>    Serial I/O -- at least one port
>    Parallel I/O -- several lines of each, input and output, would be nice
>    Maskable Interupts -- optional

>Any suggestions? I'm interested in references and sources for data books.

	If you find them on sale (which happens periodically), a
TRS-80 Color Computer will fit all these requirements.  The price
is right and the documentation is available.
	I've seen the prices range from $35 to $129 on the 64k CoCo II,
which isn't too bad, all things considered.  The current model, CoCo III,
is pricier (and faster, and has 128k bytes of RAM).

	John Whitmore

mjb@netcom.COM (Martin Brown) (04/12/91)

In article <505@mixcom.COM> jjwwjj@mixcom.COM (Robotic Systems) writes:
>I need a microcontroller with:
>
>    BASIC in ROM
>    Expandable RAM -- to at least 64K
>    Serial I/O -- at least one port
>    Parallel I/O -- several lines of each, input and output, would be nice
>    Maskable Interupts -- optional
>
>Any suggestions? I'm interested in references and sources for data books.
>
>Thanks.
>
>--
>Clint Laskowski              Post Office Box 552, Cudahy, Wisconsin  53110-0552
>ROBOTIC SYSTEMS              INTERNET: robots@mixcom.com  VOICE: (414) 769-9332

Clint,
     Try:
               Micromint Inc.
               4 Park St.
               Vernon, CT 06066

               (800)-635-3355 (outside CT)
                203-871-6170
           FAX: 203-872-2204

Ask for a catalog, they have many different models of controllers with
variations on the things you want.

                             - mjb -

                          mjb@netcom.com