[sci.electronics] HP FONT/ROM cartridge information

amichiel@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Allen J Michielsen) (04/17/91)

   I want to build a HP type font/rom cartridge.  I know there was a rag
article on building your own memory, was there one about cartridges ?
I could take and rip one open, but if there's something in there I can't
easily buy to make my own, there isn't much sense.

al

--
Al. Michielsen, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, Syracuse University
 InterNet: amichiel@rodan.acs.syr.edu  amichiel@sunrise.acs.syr.edu

In article <1991Apr17.133732.10928@rodan.acs.syr.edu> amichiel@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Allen J Michielsen) writes:
>   I want to build a HP type font/rom cartridge...
>I could take and rip one open, but if there's something in there I can't
>easily buy to make my own, there isn't much sense.

I had one of the early ones open.  Four EPROMs and a handful of TTL chips
that appeared to be control and bus buffering.  They're making them harder
to open these days, so I don't know what's in the current ones.
--
And the bean-counter replied,           | Henry Spencer @ U of Toronto Zoology
"beans are more important".             |  henry@zoo.toronto.edu  utzoo!henry