[sci.electronics] help in looking up some chip functions

digex@world.std.com (doug e humphrey) (04/20/91)

Here is a request for help; I have found a bunch of rails of *old*
chips kicking around.  I am curious what they are, but my databooks
are all packed up...  Here is the list if anyone out there has some
old books available and wants to take a moment to look them up and
send me the results (I will post them to the list, just so people
can see how old this junk *really* is).

Thanks in advance!

Doug Humphrey
Digital Express Group
Crypto Systems Division (this week...)

SP 616       SP 659
SP 620       SP 680
SP 670       SP 663
SP 677       SP 662
MC 668       MC 672
MC 665       MC 678
MC 666       MC 679
SN 28701
SN 28703   (most likely the old op-amp)

whit@milton.u.washington.edu (John Whitmore) (04/23/91)

In article <1991Apr20.043133.2010@world.std.com> digex@world.std.com (doug e humphrey) writes:
>Here is a request for help; I have found a bunch of rails of *old*
>chips kicking around.

>SP 616       SP 659
>SP 620       SP 680
>SP 670       SP 663
>SP 677       SP 662
>MC 668       MC 672
>MC 665       MC 678
>MC 666       MC 679

	I'm not certain about the 'SP'-prefix parts, but the others
are a species of TTL called 'HNIL', for High Noise-Immunity Logic.
They're intended for control circuitry in very (electrically) noisy
environments, having 5V logic range; mainly these were superseded by
the early CMOS.  This sort of component is likely 20 years old,
and they originally sold for circa $2 each.
	MC668     quad 2-input gate with pullup resistors
	MC672     quad 2-input gate with active pullup
	MC665     HNIL/saturated logic triple level translator
	MC678     Hex inverter (open collector) with strobe
        MC666     saturated/HNIL triple level translator
	MC679     dual lamp driver

	The 'SN2xxxx' part numbers are Texas Instruments numbers,
but I don't recognize 'em.  They aren't op amps, 'cuz op amps were
numbered 'SN72xxx'.

	John Whitmore