[sci.electronics] Audio Amplifier

roberts@triton.unm.edu (04/22/91)

Does anyone know where I can find a circuit that shows how to build a solid-
state audio amplifier?  The one I have now is vacuum tube based and is
starting to drift in and out instead of being consistent.  The circuit needs
to accept baseband audio in, and output needs to be able to go a 8 ohm speaker
I have.  Magazine references like maybe an project in Radio Electronics or
other electronics magazines would be useful.  Thanks in advance

Robert Smathers  (roberts@triton.unm.edu)

bender@oobleck.Eng.Sun.COM (I want to be eating rich soup in another town) (04/23/91)

In article <1991Apr21.192035.14743@ariel.unm.edu> roberts@triton.unm.edu writes:
->Does anyone know where I can find a circuit that shows how to build a solid-
->state audio amplifier?  The one I have now is vacuum tube based and is
->starting to drift in and out instead of being consistent.  The circuit needs
->to accept baseband audio in, and output needs to be able to go a 8 ohm speaker
->I have.  Magazine references like maybe an project in Radio Electronics or
->other electronics magazines would be useful.  Thanks in advance

personally, I would go down to your local stereo shop/appliance store, or
look at misc.forsale and the back of your local papers and buy an amp.  but
that's just me.

mike
--
Won't look like rain,           Won't look like snow,            | DOD #000007
Won't look like fog,            That's all we know!              | AMA #511250

moonhawk@bluemoon.uucp (David Culberson) (04/24/91)

roberts@triton.unm.edu writes:

> Does anyone know where I can find a circuit that shows how to build a solid-
> state audio amplifier?  The one I have now is vacuum tube based and is
> starting to drift in and out instead of being consistent.  The circuit needs
> to accept baseband audio in, and output needs to be able to go a 8 ohm speake
> I have.  Magazine references like maybe an project in Radio Electronics or
> other electronics magazines would be useful.  Thanks in advance
>
> Robert Smathers  (roberts@triton.unm.edu)

        OK, the 1991 issue of the Radio-Electronics experimenter's
handbook tells how to build an amp. What I need to know is: How powerful
do you want it? and: What will it be used for? The amp in the R-E is a 200
watt Hi-Fi audio amp, and is NOT cheap. If you meant just a little
workbench-type thing, then "Sorry!" Bye!
                        David

 This is from
     moonhawk@bluemoon.uucp
     moonhawk%bluemoon@nstar.rn.com
who doesn't have their own obnoxious signature yet

tindle@ms.uky.edu (Ken Tindle) (04/24/91)

Check out Mark V Electronics- they have a number of interesting audio
amp kits.  From workbench to hi-fi quality.

(213) 888-8988

INTERNET:tindle@ms.uky.edu | "Could you please continue the petty bickering?
BITNET: tindle@ukma.bitnet |  I find it most intriguing."   ---    Data,
Ken Tindle - Lexington, KY |  Star Trek, The Next Generation, "Haven"