[sci.electronics] RF Demodulator?

csmith@plains.NoDak.edu (Carl Smith) (04/27/91)

It seems that channel 3/4 RF modulators are a dime a dozen these days.

But I would like to obtain the exact opposite.  A channel 3 DEmodulator.
This would allow one to convert the channel 3 output of cable converter
boxes to baseband video that can be displayed on NTSC composite monitors.
If someone can point me in the direction of such a unit, or plans to
build one myself, I would really appreciate it.

  Carl D. Smith Jr.
  csmith@plains.NoDak.edu

youngqd@jacobs.CS.ORST.EDU (Dean Youngquist) (05/06/91)

In article <10007@plains.NoDak.edu> csmith@plains.NoDak.edu (Carl Smith) writes:
>It seems that channel 3/4 RF modulators are a dime a dozen these days.
>
>But I would like to obtain the exact opposite.  A channel 3 DEmodulator.
>This would allow one to convert the channel 3 output of cable converter
>boxes to baseband video that can be displayed on NTSC composite monitors.
>If someone can point me in the direction of such a unit, or plans to
>build one myself, I would really appreciate it.
>
>  Carl D. Smith Jr.
>  csmith@plains.NoDak.edu

Sounds like you need a VCR or TV with composite output.  There's no point
in re-inventing the wheel so what I suggest is that you pick up some old
VCR where the tape drive mechanism might be shot, but as you know most of
these units have NTSC and audio outputs as well as RF modulation on channels
3 & 4.