[sci.electronics] What is SSI 202 P chip?

ditz@ECN.PURDUE.EDU (Michael R Ditz) (04/28/91)

I found an old circuit board the other day, and do not know what one of
the chips is.  This is an 18 pin device labeled SSI 202 P.  This chip
sounds real familiar to me, but I can't remember.  The circuit is
some kind of homemade telephone interface.  Any help, like manufacturer
or few word description, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx!!!

   Mike     (ditz@en.ecn.purdue.edu)

rogerm@hpfcso.FC.HP.COM (Roger Mitchell) (04/30/91)

If it has a 3.58 crystal attached to it it may be a DTMF decoder chip if
my memory serves me right.
				Roger Mitchell

whinery@hale.ifa.hawaii.edu (Alan Whinery) (05/03/91)

>>In article <7480017@hpfcso.FC.HP.COM> rogerm@hpfcso.FC.HP.COM (Roger Mitchell) writes:
>>If it has a 3.58 crystal attached to it it may be a DTMF decoder chip if
>>my memory serves me right.
>>				Roger Mitchell

Yes, it is a Silicon Systems, Inc. DMTF decoder. I have specs and apps.

Alan
whinery@hale.ifa.hawaii.edu

|  D. Alan Whinery| The Institute for Astronomy, University of Hawaii   |
| Technical Genius| Internet: whinery@hale.ifa.hawaii.edu               |

chaplin@keinstr.uucp (chaplin) (05/08/91)

In article <7480017@hpfcso.FC.HP.COM> rogerm@hpfcso.FC.HP.COM (Roger Mitchell) writes:
>If it has a 3.58 crystal attached to it it may be a DTMF decoder chip if
>my memory serves me right.
>				Roger Mitchell

You are correct.  I looked it up last night.  If you want more info reply
by e-mail and I will be glad to correspond (unless lots of people want to see
it on this news.group.)
--
Roger Chaplin / Instruments Division Engineering / uunet!keinstr!chaplin
CI$: 76307,3506 / voice: (216) 498-2815 / FAX: (216) 248-6168