[sci.electronics] Simm pinouts

spcecdt@deeptht.UUCP (John DuBois) (11/23/90)

     Does anyone know the pinouts for SIMMs?  I'm told that 8 bit and 9 bit
SIMMs are identical except that the 8 bit ones don't use the 9th data line;
is this correct?  What is the difference in pinouts between 256K, 1M, and
4M SIMMs?  Was an extra (multiplexed) address line simply added for each
4x increment?  If so, was there space for this line on the orignal SIMMs
or has the length of the edge connector been increasing to accomodate
extra address lines?  If someone could post or mail me the pinouts I'd
appreciate it.  Thanks for any info!
--
John DuBois
spcecdt@deeptht.santa-cruz.ca.us

livio@ALESSIA.DEI.UNIPD.IT (Livio Plos) (05/08/91)

Please could some charitable man send me pinout informations about 256kbyte and
1Mbyte simm. E-mail to me, because I don't regulary receive these groups.

	Thanks in advance.

				livio@alessia.dei.unipd.it

cyborg@kauri.vuw.ac.nz (Alex Ivopol) (05/08/91)

In article <9105071729.AA21772@alessia.dei.unipd.it> livio@ALESSIA.DEI.UNIPD.IT
(Livio Plos) writes:
>Please could some charitable man send me pinout informations about 256kbyte
>and 1Mbyte simm. E-mail to me, because I don't regulary receive these groups.
>
>	Thanks in advance.
>
>				livio@alessia.dei.unipd.it

Could I have a copy too ? Thanx...
--