[sci.electronics] Cyberjewelry

whos@ddsw1.MCS.COM (Ben Feen) (05/05/91)

This weekend, I got really bored, so I sat down and made a piece of
cyberjewelery.  It consists of:
Solder
An LED
A 7404 TTL Chip

Looks really neat.  There's a very important reason that I used a 7404 chip.
You see, the necklace is a magic charm against computer virii - The chip is
a Hex Invertor...
--
whos@ddsw1.MCS.COM | I don't know, who's at DDSW1? | whos@ddsw1.MCS.COM!
I asked YOU who's at DDSW1! Ok, there's a guy at DDSW1, right? | Right!

rogue@cellar.UUCP (Rogue Winter) (05/07/91)

whos@ddsw1.MCS.COM (Ben Feen) writes:

> This weekend, I got really bored, so I sat down and made a piece of
> cyberjewelery.  It consists of:
> Solder
> An LED
> A 7404 TTL Chip
>
> Looks really neat.  There's a very important reason that I used a 7404 chip.
> You see, the necklace is a magic charm against computer virii - The chip is
> a Hex Invertor...
> --

Do you circulate any power through it for LED effects, or is it a "static"
piece?

Rogue Winter       | "The truth knocks on the door and you say,
rogue@cellar.uucp  | "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so
uunet!cellar!rogue | it goes away.  Puzzling."
Cellar 215/3369503 |  -Robert Pirsig (quoted in Zen_To_Go, Jon Winokur)

ins_atge@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Thomas G Edwards) (05/09/91)

In article <iT3k22w164w@cellar.UUCP> rogue@cellar.UUCP (Rogue Winter) writes:
about cyberjewelry
>Do you circulate any power through it for LED effects, or is it a "static"
>piece?

The Flashing LED...fashion accessory to the properly
educated!  Power it with one of those thin
3V batteries from Radio Shack.

-Tom