[sci.electronics] Wanted: 'C' -> 8051 cross-compiler

kwf@ecersg.ncsu.edu (Ken Fernald) (05/09/91)

I'm in search of a 'C' compiler which runs under MSDOS or UNIX and produces
8051 microcontroller code.  Actually, I'd be interested in any
high-level language compiler for the 8051, preferably public-domain
or shareware.  8048 code would do also.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

--
+----------------------------+
|    Kenneth W. Fernald      |

mzenier@polari.UUCP (Mark Zenier) (05/10/91)

In article <1991May8.191725.13173@ncsu.edu> kwf@ecersg.ncsu.edu (Ken Fernald) writes:
>I'm in search of a 'C' compiler which runs under MSDOS or UNIX and produces
>8051 microcontroller code.  Actually, I'd be interested in any
>high-level language compiler for the 8051, preferably public-domain
>or shareware.  8048 code would do also.

Review articles on 8051 C compilers in

Embedded Systems Programming,  May 1991, V4#5
Circuit Cellar Ink, Feb-Mar 1991, issue #19

Mark Zenier  markz@ssc.uucp  mzenier@polari.uucp