[sci.electronics] Tricks on finding transistors

phys44@jetson.uh.edu (05/15/91)

In article <1991May13.152900.20708@aio.jsc.nasa.gov>, grimm@aio.jsc.nasa.gov (Keith A. Grimm) writes:
> I think if you put a "2S" before each of your numbers you will find that
> they are Japanese transistors.  The Japs, as a rule, do not put the 2S on
>there transistors.  I suspect you can find a replacement in the RCA SK
>series or the Sylvania ECG series of replacements.  Good Luck!

As one that has many problems get transistor replacements due to numbers
that do not exist on any book many thanks for this hint.  However,
which Jap manufacturers or you refering to?.  Do you know of any other
similar tricks of other manufacturers along these lines?

Thanks a bunch for your help.

Carlos Diaz