[sci.electronics] NEC APC III Manual or Info Wanted

durham@w2xo.pgh.pa.us (Jim Durham) (05/19/91)

Does anyone have a manual for a NEC APC III computer? Failing
that, does anyone know anything about the thing?

I picked this thing up in a garage sale for parts and became
intrigued when I noticed it had two 8086s in it and sockets
for two 8087s.

-Thanks,
Jim Durham    (durham@w2xo.pgh.pa.us)

berger@clio.sts.uiuc.edu (Mike Berger) (05/23/91)

durham@w2xo.pgh.pa.us (Jim Durham) writes:
>Does anyone have a manual for a NEC APC III computer? Failing
>that, does anyone know anything about the thing?

>I picked this thing up in a garage sale for parts and became
>intrigued when I noticed it had two 8086s in it and sockets
>for two 8087s.
*----
This was the U.S. version of the NEC PC-9801, which was made in a
variety of configurations.  I've never seen one with two 8086's
and two 8087's on the motherboard, though I've probably seen six
different variations of the PC-9801.  I might still have a set of
manuals on hand, but they're in Japanese.  Although the computer
was emphatically not a PC-compatible, it has more hardware
compatibility with the PC than NEC let on.
--
	Mike Berger
	Department of Statistics, University of Illinois