[sci.electronics] what transistors in my Futaba MC112B?

chad@oscar.cs.byu.edu (Chad) (05/23/91)

--
() are for the benefit of the sci.electronics folks who aren't RCers

Hi

I have a Futaba MC 122B ESC  (electronic speed control) that I was using
in my (radio controlled) Tamiya 4wd Porsche 959. Anyway, it failed and
with the help of the head of the BYU CS hardware fix-it lab I identified
3 of the transistors that were bad and removed them.  Now I need to find
replacements.  There is no manufacturer's labeling on the transistors
and only the following numbers:

S110

1    79

That is it.  These are supposedly FET transistors.  We looked in the ECG
replacment index and found two S110 numbered components but they weren't
remotely close to  FET transistor.

Does anyone know what sort of transistors I need to put in this to get
it going again?  I can't afford to buy a new ESC.

Thanks for any leads!

Chad Leigh
Brigham Young University / on leave from DEC
chad@yvax.byu.edu /  chad@norge.enet.dec.com

miked@syscon (Mike DeMetz) (05/23/91)

chad@oscar.cs.byu.edu (Chad) writes:

>I have a Futaba MC 122B ESC  (electronic speed control) that I was using
>in my (radio controlled) Tamiya 4wd Porsche 959. Anyway, it failed and
>with the help of the head of the BYU CS hardware fix-it lab I identified
>3 of the transistors that were bad and removed them.  Now I need to find
>replacements.  There is no manufacturer's labeling on the transistors
>and only the following numbers:

>S110

>1    79

>That is it.  These are supposedly FET transistors.  We looked in the ECG
>replacment index and found two S110 numbered components but they weren't
>remotely close to  FET transistor.

>Does anyone know what sort of transistors I need to put in this to get
>it going again?  I can't afford to buy a new ESC.

They will be some type of low Rds Power MOSFETS. They should be matched
to remaining good ones if possible.ECG probably does not have them.Try
Digi-Key.