[sci.electronics] Help identify Motorola SC prefix chips

atn@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Alan Nishioka) (05/20/91)

I need help identifying some Motorola chips.  They all have the
Motorola M insignia, but I can't find them in the usual places.  I
have looked in IC Master, the Motorola Master Selection Guide,
various Motorola Databooks, and Motorola Specs in Secs (data on disk).

Are they special chips made just for spcific companies?  Are they
regular chips with special part numbers (like HP chips)?

Found in a Radio Shack Color Computer 2:

SC77527P	16 pin	8423 date code		seems to be a voltage regulator
SC77526P	20 pin	8329 date code
SJ5812		3 pin	8326 date code		seems to be a transistor

Found in a General Telecomputer Telephone Extension device:

SC94023P	28 pin	8531 date code
PCS9002		(other lines found on same chip)
A61A8531

Alan Nishioka      KC6KHV      atn@cory.berkeley.edu      ...!ucbvax!cory!atn
974 Tulare Avenue, Albany CA 94707-2540     37'52N/122'15W    +1 415 526 1818

whit@milton.u.washington.edu (John Whitmore) (05/25/91)

In article <13711@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU> atn@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Alan Nishioka) writes:
>I need help identifying some Motorola chips.
>Found in a Radio Shack Color Computer 2:
>
>SC77527P	16 pin	8423 date code		seems to be a voltage regulator
>SC77526P	20 pin	8329 date code

	These are special-purpose ICs, which only Radio Shack can help
you with.  Fortunately, they are field-replaceable units (socketed),
and Radio Shack offers service (i.e. you can buy spares).

	One is "U3", and is a DAC of sorts.  Inputs are pins 13-16, connected
to the joystick connector, and addressed by the PIA chip via two
analog select lines, pins 11 and 12.  The cassette output and
sound drivers are also on this chip.  It includes a comparator,
so that the DAC output can be compared with an input (so you can
measure input voltages this way).  This is a 20-pin chip.
	The other, "U1" is called the SALT chip (supply and level
translator) and includes voltage regulation and the cassette READ
circuitry.  This is a 16-pin chip.

	If you want full information, contact Radio Shack and ask about
the Color Computer II Service Manual.

	John Whitmore