[sci.electronics] Camera on a chip?

dclaar@hpcuhe.cup.hp.com (Doug Claar) (05/29/91)

I read somewhere that a chip is in progress, or will soon be available,
that incorporates an entire video camera on a chip for ~$40. Does
anyone have information on this, or was this just wishful thinking
on someone's part?

Thanks,
--Doug Claar
dclaar@cup.hp.com

andrewg@earwax.pd.uwa.oz.au (Andrew Greenhill) (05/31/91)

In <31710001@hpcuhe.cup.hp.com> dclaar@hpcuhe.cup.hp.com (Doug Claar) writes:

>I read somewhere that a chip is in progress, or will soon be available,
>that incorporates an entire video camera on a chip for ~$40. Does
>anyone have information on this, or was this just wishful thinking
>on someone's part?

I am also interested in this, currently I am trying to get in contact
with the group that is responsible for designing the chip that I think
you are refering too. I sent a FAX off but I haven't got a reply yet. I
may have some difficulty getting through. When I find out more however I
will post to this newsgroup and let you, and anyone else, know. Stay
tuned,
     Andrew Greenhill.