[sci.electronics] VMEbus specifications wanted

pss1@kepler.unh.edu (Paul S Secinaro) (06/22/91)

Does anyone know where I might obtain detailed specs of the VMEbus?  An FTP
site would be great.
How about the PC/AT bus?

Thanks,
Paul

--
Paul Secinaro
pss1@kepler.unh.edu

gsteckel@vergil.East.Sun.COM (Geoff Steckel - Sun BOS Hardware CONTRACTOR) (06/22/91)

In article <1991Jun21.205708.12933@unhd.unh.edu> pss1@kepler.unh.edu
(Paul S Secinaro) writes:
>Does anyone know where I might obtain detailed specs of the VMEbus?
>An FTP site would be great.
>How about the PC/AT bus?

This ought to be on a Frequently Asked Questions list.

Both specifications are quite lengthy (over 175 pages).

Motorola publishes "The VMEbus Specification" revision C.1.
You should be able to get one from your local Motorola rep for free,
or your college engineering dept can, or the college purchashing dept.
There is a almost-exactly-equivalent IEEE spec P1014 and an IEC spec 821.
Last time I checked, these both cost $$.  The Motorola book is probably
cheapest even if you have to pay for it.

The only real reference for the PC/AT bus (otherwise known as the ISA
bus) is:
    AT Bus Design, by Edward Solari, Annabooks, San Diego
    ISBN 0-929392-08-6
    (hold on to your seat...(:-) $69.95.
Talk someone else into buying it and then borrow it.

	geoff steckel (gwes@wjh12.harvard.EDU)
			(...!husc6!wjh12!omnivore!gws)
Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Sun Microsystems, despite the From: line.
This posting is entirely the author's responsibility.