[comp.os.misc] Need Information on PICK Operating System

0rrodrig@teknowledge-vaxc.ARPA (Russ Rodriguez) (02/02/89)

I am curious about the PICK operating system.  Unfortunately, I am
completely ignorant about this particular one.  Could some kind soul
please give me a brief description of it, and if possible, about the
version of PICK that runs on a PRIME supermini computer?

Many thanks in advance,
Russell Rodriguez
Disclaimer:   The opinions of Russ Rodriguez are his own and couldn't possibly
    reflect those of Teknowledge, Inc., of Palo Alto, California
internet:  0rrodrig@teknowledge-vaxc.arpa
usenet:	   {uunet|sun|ucbvax|decwrl|uw-beaver}!0rrodrig%teknowledge-vaxc.arpa
home:	   2420 Slater Street, Santa Rosa, CA., 95404-2143 Phone: 707-571-8172

tedk@ihuxv.ATT.COM (Kekatos) (02/07/89)

In article <26517@teknowledge-vaxc.ARPA> 0rrodrig@teknowledge-vaxc.ARPA (Russ Rodriguez) writes:
>I am curious about the PICK operating system.  Unfortunately, I am
>completely ignorant about this particular one.  Could some kind soul
>please give me a brief description of it, and if possible, about the
>version of PICK that runs on a PRIME supermini computer?
>
>Many thanks in advance,
>Russell Rodriguez
>Disclaimer:   The opinions of Russ Rodriguez are his own and couldn't possibly
>    reflect those of Teknowledge, Inc., of Palo Alto, California
>internet:  0rrodrig@teknowledge-vaxc.arpa
>usenet:	   {uunet|sun|ucbvax|decwrl|uw-beaver}!0rrodrig%teknowledge-vaxc.arpa
>home:	   2420 Slater Street, Santa Rosa, CA., 95404-2143 Phone: 707-571-8172

Russell,

I read this newsgroup from time to time, for one reason only...
To check for messages about PICK.

I worked with different versions of PICK for several years. I also
know and work with several PICK programmers in the Chicagoland area.
(I have even met Dick Pick, The author of the PICK OS.)

I am somewhat familar with the version on PRIME.

I will try to call you at your home number, If you don't hear from
me, then try calling me at work.

Ted G. Kekatos
UUCP: ..!att!ihuxv!tedk                     (312) 979-0804
AT&T Bell Laboratories, Indian Hill South, IX-1F-460
Naperville & Wheaton Roads - Naperville, Illinois. 60566 USA