[comp.os.misc] Corrupted database in Oracle

raveling@vaxb.isi.edu (Paul Raveling) (03/10/89)

	Some of the recent discussion on UNIX pros & cons dealt
	with file systems.  Appended below is a related message from
	comp.sys.hp and comp.databases that I've taken the liberty
	to forward.  The bottom line is that DBMS people need
	more than UNIX offers and it's costing a lot for them and
	sometimes for their users.

Paul Raveling
Raveling@isi.edu