[comp.os.misc] References to Pick OS

gungner@maui.cs.ucla.edu (07/22/89)

I want to contrast the Pick operating system with Unix.
I've been looking for technical or trade publication articles on the
Pick OS, but I haven't had any luck.  Does anybody have a good reference?

David Gungner  <gungner@cs.ucla.edu>

charly@altos86.Altos.COM (Charly Rhoades) (08/01/89)

In article <25937@shemp.CS.UCLA.EDU>, gungner@maui.cs.ucla.edu writes:
> I want to contrast the Pick operating system with Unix.
> I've been looking for technical or trade publication articles on the
> Pick OS, but I haven't had any luck.  Does anybody have a good reference?
>
> David Gungner  <gungner@cs.ucla.edu>

Here are three periodicals I have come across that cover Pick
topics.  I am not a regular reader of any of them, so I can't give
a judgement on their worth.

PickWorld
  published quarterly by Pick Systems

  1691 Browning
  Irvine, CA  92714
  Phone (714) 261-7425
  FAX (714) 250-8187

  $25/yr ($35 foreign)

News & Review
  published monthly (except December) by Thurman Marketing Services Inc.

  23181 Verdugo-104A
  Laguna Hills, CA  92653
  Phone (714) 855-4442
  FAX (714) 380-3942

  Free (3rd Class Mail) to Pick users/vendors
  $15 (1st Class Mail)/year

International Spectrum
  published 6 times a year by IDBMA (International Data Base Management Assoc.)

  IDBMA, Inc.
  10675 Treena Street
  Suite 103
  San Diego, CA  92131
  Phone (619) 578-3152
  FAX (619) 271-1032

  $40/year  (US)
  $45       (Canada and Mexico)
  $50       (Elsewhere)

IDBMA also publishes other PICK industry stuff, including a more technical
publication called the "International Spectrum Tech" journal.

Southern California is (from what I hear) PICK-Country.  You might find
out when and where your local Pick User's Group meets....

Good Luck

Charly Rhoades                             Altos Computer Systems - San Jose, CA
                                           {amdahl|sun|pyramid}!altos86!charly
If you know you have an unpleasant nature
and dislike people, this is no obstacle to work.                   J. G. Bennett