[comp.os.misc] LOCUS

gerns@tubsibr.UUCP (Arnd Gerns) (10/23/89)

   Dear Netlanders,

   does anybody know, where we can get the LOCUS distributed computing system?
   Does anybody know the mailing address of Gerald J. Popek, who is President
   of Locus Computing Corporation in Santa Monica?

   Any help would be appreciated.

   Thanks in advance,

   Lie Jung Sun, Arnd Gerns.

   Arnd Gerns               | Phone:  +49 531 391 3245
   TU Braunschweig          | Fax:    +49 531 391 4577
   Inst. f. Betriebssysteme | Telex:  95 25 26 tubsw
       und Rechnerverbund   |
   Bueltenweg 74/75         | BITNET: gerns@dbsinf6.bitnet
   D-3300 Braunschweig      | UUCP:   gerns@tubsibr.uucp

dyer@spdcc.COM (Steve Dyer) (10/25/89)

In article <1989Oct23.165925.22801@tubsibr.uucp> gerns@tubsibr.UUCP (Arnd Gerns) writes:
>   does anybody know, where we can get the LOCUS distributed computing system?

Yes.  Buy AIX PS/2 or AIX 370 from IBM.

>   Does anybody know the mailing address of Gerald J. Popek, who is President
>   of Locus Computing Corporation in Santa Monica?

Locus is no longer in Santa Monica--they're now located somewhere near
LA Airport, although I can't recall the address right now.  I'm sure
some LOCUSts will come out of woodwork to add this piece of info.
--
Steve Dyer
dyer@ursa-major.spdcc.com aka {ima,harvard,rayssd,linus,m2c}!spdcc!dyer

In article <329@ursa-major.SPDCC.COM> dyer@ursa-major.spdcc.COM (Steve Dyer) writes:
>In article <1989Oct23.165925.22801@tubsibr.uucp> gerns@tubsibr.UUCP (Arnd Gerns) writes:
>>   does anybody know, where we can get the LOCUS distributed computing system?
>
>Yes.  Buy AIX PS/2 or AIX 370 from IBM.

Er, strictly speaking AIX 370 isn't released yet, and the TCF feature of
AIX PS/2 (the "LOCUS" OS stuff) won't be ready until a future (next?)
release of AIX PS/2.  But it's coming.