[comp.os.misc] ``Tundra'' Course Query

smiller@umn-cs.CS.UMN.EDU (Steven M. Miller) (12/10/89)

The ``Tundra'' course in distributed operating systems was offered
last summer at Cornell.   Is it going to be offered anywhere in
1990?

The previous course announcement mentioned that there is
to be a forthcoming text based on the course.  Does anyone know
the status of the book?

Thanks much in advance.

-Steve

--

			-Steven M. Miller, U of MN

magnar@sfd.uit.no (Magnar Antonsen) (12/12/89)

In article <17544@umn-cs.CS.UMN.EDU> smiller@umn-cs.cs.umn.edu (Steven M.
Miller) writes:

>The ``Tundra'' course in distributed operating systems was offered
>last summer at Cornell.   Is it going to be offered anywhere in
>1990?

``The ``Tundra'' course'' :-)  -- you mean ARCTIC'88, held at University of
Tromsoe, Norway? It's the northernmost University in the world, but it's
definitely not tundra there, just ask the participants....
The next course will probably take place in Bologna, Italy, from 23 July to 3
August 1990. I don't know if the final decisions about this is taken; -- the
right persons to ask will probably be Sape Mullender or Ozalp Babaoglu.

>The previous course announcement mentioned that there is
>to be a forthcoming text based on the course.  Does anyone know
>the status of the book?

The book, Distributed Systems, Edited by Sape Mullender, is published by ACM
Press in the Frontier Series - which is a collaboration with Addison-Wesley.
Anyway, the number is ISBN 0-201-41660-3.

//// Magnar Antonsen                   // N-9001 TROMSOE, NORWAY              /
/// Computer Science Department       // Phone : + 47 83 44043               //
// University of Tromsoe             // Telefax: + 47 83 55418              ///
/ NORWAY                            // Email: magnar@sfd.uit.no            ////