[comp.os.misc] Wanted: Multi processor unix report

tadashi@isvax.isl.melco.co.jp (Tadashi Ogino) (01/10/90)

Dose anyone know some reports about performance evaluation of multi
processor UNIX especially for I/O system or file system?

Please E-mail. Thanks.

--
Tadashi Ogino
tadashi@isvax.isl.melco.co.jp

boykin@encore.Berkeley.EDU (Joe Boykin) (01/13/90)

In article <16874@isvax.isl.melco.co.jp>, tadashi@isvax.isl.melco.co.jp
(Tadashi Ogino) writes:
> Dose anyone know some reports about performance evaluation of multi
> processor UNIX especially for I/O system or file system?

Here are two papers which I have done which seem to be what you want:

Joseph Boykin & Alan Langerman; "The Parallelization of Mach/4.3BSD: Design
Philosophy and Performance Analysis".  Proceedings of the USENIX Workshop
on Distributed and Multiprocessor Systems, October 5-6.

Alan Langerman, Joseph Boykin, Susan LoVerso, Shashi Mengalat; "A Highly
Parallelized Mach-based Vnode Filesystem".  To be presented at the Winter
Usenix Conference.

----

Joe Boykin
Manager, Mach OS Development