[comp.os.misc] Need info on Posix, Gossip, IEEE storage standard

abbott@aerospace.aero.org (Russell J. Abbott) (06/02/90)

I would appreciate any references anyone can give me regarding the state
of Posix, Gossip, and the IEEE mass storage and referral model standard.
In particular are there current analyses of the advantages and/or
disadvantages of adopting them?  Also, if this is not the right group to
ask about this, where is?

Sorry about the generality of this question.  Any pointers to get me
started would be appreciated.

Thanks.

-- Russ Abbott@itro3.aero.org

dmatlock@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (Delbert Matlock) (06/02/90)

In article <74584@aerospace.AERO.ORG> abbott@itro3.aero.org (Russell J. Abbott) writes:
>I would appreciate any references anyone can give me regarding the state
>of Posix, Gossip, and the IEEE mass storage and referral model standard.

I think everyone in government would appreciate learning once and for all
what Posix and Gosip are.  Everybody in the military seems to either not know
any thing, or be tight lipped about the whole thing.

Delbert Matlock                         Internet:  dmatlock@eecs.cs.pdx.edu
MicroNet Northwest                      UUCP:      dmatlock@eecs.UUCP
Voice:  (503)228-3071