[comp.os.misc] Yeah, QQCP is working now, and: A QNX-Question

pwendt@neon.UUCP (Patrick Wendt) (07/06/90)

Hi !
====

Yeah, I got it. The QQCP-Utility is now working. There was a little
bug inside, but with a trick the bug was 'fixed'. So the QQCICO now
work successfully, even the login-script now works.

But: There are still some other BUGs in the QQCP-Packet, so I
really want to get a new version of it.

My question: Has someone the address of QUANTUM and QUICKS, where
I may can download a new version, maybe even the source-codes ?!?!?

If someone got the address (real, UUCP, phone-number), or if someone
HAS connection to QUICKS, please tell me, it's very important.

Thanx ... and bye ... Pat !

- Domain: root@chamber.UUCP (pwendt@chamber.UUCP) ; Zombie's Burial Chamber -
- Bang .: ..!ira.uka.de!smurf!gopnbg!tmpmbx!einoed!utopia!neon!chamber!root -
-   Human Zombie   ; Alternate: pwendt@neon.UUCP ;  Neon Research Caboose   -
- (Patrick  Wendt) ; .!tmpmbx!einoed!utopia!neon!pwendt ; Berlin, W-Germany -
         Earth 2147, the legacy of the metal wars,
                   when men fought machine, and machine won ...

mtheil@netmbx.UUCP (Matthias Theil) (07/09/90)

pwendt@neon.UUCP (Patrick Wendt) writes:

Hello Patrick,

>Yeah, I got it. The QQCP-Utility is now working. There was a little
>bug inside, but with a trick the bug was 'fixed'. So the QQCICO now
>work successfully, even the login-script now works.

	That's fine but perhaps a bit of wasted time ? The QQCP-package
only supports e-mailing in a very incompatible UUCP-standard. It is only
worth to connect varios QNX-sites and not to connect with a real
UUCP-site. Or did you made other experiences (perhaps with neon ?).

>But: There are still some other BUGs in the QQCP-Packet, so I
>really want to get a new version of it.

	I think we should forget about QQCP, throw it away. Let us build
a real working **CP-package.

>My question: Has someone the address of QUANTUM and QUICKS, where
>I may can download a new version, maybe even the source-codes ?!?!?

	All the others : Please don't e-mail Patrick about this fact.
(We have to pay for e-mails from outside Europe !!).
He's living in my town and he's a friend of mine so I can help him with
this informations. And of course with the newest source (If anyone wants
the newest PD-Stuff in Europe, no USA please, I have it allways as it
arrives on QUICS).

>If someone got the address (real, UUCP, phone-number), or if someone
>HAS connection to QUICKS, please tell me, it's very important.

	Be patient ... I'm coming up with this later this day.

>         Earth 2147, the legacy of the metal wars,
>                   when men fought machine, and machine won ...

	:-)

Matthias
--
Matthias Theil - Bundesplatz 12a - D-1000 Berlin 31 - ++49 (0)30 85 47 67-3
UUCP: mtheil@netmbx.UUCP      -=*=- 	BITNET : mtheil%netmbx@db0tui6.bitnet

pwendt@neon.UUCP (Patrick Wendt) (07/10/90)

Hi !

mtheil@netmbx.UUCP (Matthias Theil) writes:

>	That's fine but perhaps a bit of wasted time ? The QQCP-package
>only supports e-mailing in a very incompatible UUCP-standard. It is only
>worth to connect varios QNX-sites and not to connect with a real
>UUCP-site. Or did you made other experiences (perhaps with neon ?).

Well, I'm now polling NEWS from NEON, and I send NEWS to NEON, so
there is NO problem about that. Really, I only use QQCICO and QQXQT,
all other programs I'd written by myself (ELM, NN, RMAIL, RNEWS ...),
so, why forget QQCP, it's working fine ...

>>But: There are still some other BUGs in the QQCP-Packet, so I
>>really want to get a new version of it.

>	I think we should forget about QQCP, throw it away. Let us build
>a real working **CP-package.

I'm very interested about the SOURCES of QQCP, especially of QQCICO,
so, if you have the possibility to get it from QUICS, please try,
I'll pay for the transmission ...

>>My question: Has someone the address of QUANTUM and QUICKS, where
>>I may can download a new version, maybe even the source-codes ?!?!?
>	All the others : Please don't e-mail Patrick about this fact.
>(We have to pay for e-mails from outside Europe !!).

Hmm, YOU have to pay, I think I need not ...

>He's living in my town and he's a friend of mine so I can help him with
>this informations. And of course with the newest source (If anyone wants
>the newest PD-Stuff in Europe, no USA please, I have it allways as it
>arrives on QUICS).

So, please try to get a new version of QQ* ... even the source would
be *VERY* nice and helpful~ ...

>>         Earth 2147, the legacy of the metal wars,
>>                   when men fought machine, and machine won ...
>	:-)

Where is your problem about that ;->

 Greetings ... Pat !

- Domain: root@chamber.UUCP ; QNX-OS ; Patrick Wendt, Berlin (WEST) Germany -
- Bang .: ..!ira.uka.de!smurf!gopnbg!tmpmbx!einoed!utopia!neon!chamber!root -

root@neon.UUCP (Thomas Ziemer) (07/10/90)

pwendt@neon.UUCP (Patrick Wendt) writes:

> Well, I'm now polling NEWS from NEON, and I send NEWS to NEON, so
> there is NO problem about that.

Better to say they are no major problems. Some minor problems
are nevertheless present. Sending news to me causes mysterious
reaction of my uucp & bnews, sending the articles back to him.  ;-)

Greetings ... thomas
--
 __   ______________________________________________________________________
(00)  N E O N  Research Caboose                    Computer Science Research

pwendt@neon.UUCP (Patrick Wendt) (07/11/90)

Hi !

root@neon.UUCP (Thomas Ziemer) writes:

>Better to say they are no major problems. Some minor problems
>are nevertheless present. Sending news to me causes mysterious
>reaction of my uucp & bnews, sending the articles back to him.  ;-)

Yes, true, but this is not a problem of the QQCICO / QQCP, it's
a problem of my experience within sending NEWS, 'cause I don't
know the exact format the spool-files must have to be accepted
by 'neon' ... so, I'll try, and I'll get it, I'm sure ... ;->