[comp.os.misc] QNX editors

gisle@ifi.uio.no (Gisle Hannemyr) (08/07/90)

 Has anyone ported gnuemacs (or microemacs) to QNX?
 I there anywhere I can ftp it from?

 I am also looking `C' sources for a public domain (or reasonable terms)
 real simple WordStar like editor for QNX.  The latter is for embedding
 into another product.  Credit will of course be given, and I am willing
 to pay a reasonable license fee.  Any pointers to sources?

- gisle hannemyr  (Norwegian Computing Center)
  EAN:   C=no;PRMD=uninett;O=nr;S=Hannemyr;G=Gisle (X.400 SA format)
         gisle.hannemyr@nr.no                      (RFC-822  format)
  Inet:  gisle@ifi.uio.no
  UUCP:  ...!mcvax!ifi!gisle

bobm@anasaz.UUCP (Bob Maccione) (08/08/90)

In article <1990Aug7.110258.20207@ifi.uio.no> gisle@ifi.uio.no (Gisle Hannemyr) writes:

> Has anyone ported gnuemacs (or microemacs) to QNX?
> I there anywhere I can ftp it from?
>
> I am also looking `C' sources for a public domain (or reasonable terms)
> real simple WordStar like editor for QNX.  The latter is for embedding
> into another product.  Credit will of course be given, and I am willing
> to pay a reasonable license fee.  Any pointers to sources?

They have(had) both microemacs and another editor on the BBS. I have
a older copy as well as the source to the GED ( a virtual editor ).

let me know if you can't get to the net. We can try to work something
out..

OBquestion:

  at one point they ( the quru's ) made a large memory model of the
std editor. However it was full of bugs ( ie- ^C would exit it ).
Has anyone gotten a better copy of it?

bob

gisle@ifi.uio.no (Gisle Hannemyr) (08/09/90)

[[ Private message to Bob Maccione.  Cannot mail uucp sites. ]]

bobm@anasaz.UUCP (Bob Maccione) wrote:
> They have(had) both microemacs and another editor on the BBS. I have
> a older copy as well as the source to the GED ( a virtual editor ).
>
> let me know if you can't get to the net. We can try to work something
> out..

I think I am on the net (ie. I can ftp internet addresses and I can send
and receive mail to/from most addresses).  I cannot send mail to uucp
addresses, and that is way I am posting this rather than mailing you
privatly.

But I must admit that I am not aware of "the BBS", or how I access
it.  Does it have an internet address?

I am interested in both MicroEMACS and sources to GED.  What is the
status of GED (public domain, shareware, commercial product?)  What
is its quality?  Are you the author?

frank@mnetor.UUCP (Frank Kolnick) (08/10/90)

In article <1990Aug7.110258.20207@ifi.uio.no> gisle@ifi.uio.no (Gisle Hannemyr) writes:
)
) Has anyone ported gnuemacs (or microemacs) to QNX?
) I there anywhere I can ftp it from?

I believe there are a couple of versions of emacs available on the
Quantum BBS (i.e., QUICS), in the free software area.

--
Frank Kolnick,
Basis Computer Systems Inc.