[comp.os.misc] Coherent

umfonta6@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Robert Fontaine) (08/31/90)

Hi all,

I did a quick search of the relevant newsgroups
and I could'nt find any information on Coherent's
"*n*x" clone.

Does anyone have an opinion ? :)
I'm definitely considering buying it sight unseen
but I'd appreciate some input.

Best probably, to e-mail me and if there is sufficient
interest interest I'll post a summary in
comp.newprod

umfonta6@ccu.umanitoba.ca       |     I not affiliated with nobody            |
Robert Fontaine                 |      They said I smelt  bad :)              |
University of Manitoba          |       I washed                              |
Home of Me                      |        The said I was ugly :<               |
                                |         I got a face lift                   |
       0 0                      |          They said .......                  |
        *                       |   I said "Phhhhhhhfllllltt!!! "             |
        V                       |                                             |

jim@piggy.ucsb.edu (Oreo Cat) (09/01/90)

In article <1990Aug31.030838.22277@ccu.umanitoba.ca> umfonta6@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Robert Fontaine) writes:
>Hi all,
>
>I did a quick search of the relevant newsgroups
>and I could'nt find any information on Coherent's
>"*n*x" clone.

There is a mailing list for it though.  Send mail to
coherent-request@cs.wisc.edu and ask to be added to the list.  For back
issues and source code to fix some things ftp to piggy.ucsb.edu and
look in /pub/coherent.

--
Jim Lick               |   Work: jim@piggy.ucsb.edu
6657 El Colegio #24    |   Home: bahamut!jim@ivucsb.sba.ca.us

rex@nbc1.ge.com (Rex Espiritu) (09/05/90)

In article <1990Aug31.030838.22277@ccu.umanitoba.ca> umfonta6@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Robert Fontaine) writes:
>I'm definitely considering buying it sight unseen.  Best probably, to e-mail
> me and if there is sufficient interest I'll post a summary in comp.newprod.

I'm very interested, too.  Please do post a summary in comp.os.misc and/or
comp.newprod.  I'm trying to find a relatively inexpensive Unix OS (prefer-
ably with uucp) for my Mac Plus.
--
M. Rex Espiritu, Jr.                      NBC News, A Division of
rex@nbc1.NBC.GE.COM                       National Broadcasting Company, Inc.