[comp.os.misc] need knowledge

nagendra@bucsf.bu.edu (nagendra mishr) (11/21/90)

I wanted to know if there was operating system called "mvs"
and if it exists, what machines does it run on?

also, what type of machines does vms run on.

thanks
please reply to nagendra@bucsf.bu.edu

py@meadow.uucp (Peter Yeung) (11/22/90)

In article <NAGENDRA.90Nov20174249@bucsf.bu.edu> nagendra@bucsf.bu.edu (nagendra mishr) writes:
>I wanted to know if there was operating system called "mvs"
>and if it exists, what machines does it run on?

I guess someone would have responded to this by now. MVS (in caps) runs on
IBM 370/390 types of machines (and compatibles like Amdahl's :-).

>also, what type of machines does vms run on.

VMS is from DEC (Digital Equipment Corp.) which runs on their own boxes.

--
Peter Yeung     Amdahl Canada Ltd., Software Development Center
                2000 Argentia Road, Plaza 2, Suite 300