[comp.os.misc] Porting

joachim@jrix.radig.de (Joachim Riedel) (02/09/91)

Bill Henning <bhenning@bhami.wimsey.bc.ca> writes:

>Clam bug - 'pr file | epson &' then 'ls -l' clams up that shell.

>Compress  complains  that it cannot write to /dev/ram1...  a real pain.  I
>checked the ownership of /dev/ram1 and it was sys ...  sys.  Logging in as
>root  I  still  got the same error message.  I was able to mount /dev/ram0
>without  any  problems, what's going on?  I can't be out of memory, I have
>4Mb in this box!

I think Norman jsut wrote about this problem. You first have to create
a larger RAM DISK. The SIze now is for Systems with 640 KB. Please read
the manual or ask someone at the mailing list for Norman's solution.

ByeBye

Joachim

Joachim Riedel                           joachim@jrix.radig.de
Geschwister-Scholl-Strasse 48