[comp.os.misc] Coherent on a Notebook Machine

joachim@jrix.radig.de (Joachim Riedel) (02/21/91)

sje@bubba.ma30.bull.com (Steven J. Edwards) writes:

>	Greetings.  I have just received Coherent and I am planning to port
>it to a notebook machine.  It is a 16 MHz 386 SX with 5 Meg RAM along with a
>20 Meg HD, 1.44 Meg 9 cm FD and claims a battery life of at least two hours
>per recharge cycle.  I was wondering if any of you folks have had experience
>with Coherent on this kind of platform.

I use Coherent most of the time on my laptop (Victor 286P, 48MB HD, 1.44 MBFD,
286 with 1 MB) It's easy to install and works perfect (besides some known
errors).
So I see no problem why it shouldn't work on your notebook. 20 MB is enough
(7 MB full installation) but as you know: a HD is always to small.

Greetings

Joachim

Joachim Riedel                           joachim@jrix.radig.de
Geschwister-Scholl-Strasse 48