[comp.os.misc] Coherent Printing

don@ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz (Donald Whiteside;ccc025p) (02/25/91)

Can anyone help me ? I have installed Coherent on a 386sx machine and it
runs fine. However as part of the installation process Coherent tries to
set up the printer. This process failed with 'Cant find driver'.
The printer is on a parallel port LPT1.
I have also had a good look around and connot find the Driver LP.
Has anyone else had this problem ?
Thanx in advance..... Don.

josh@happym.wa.com (Joshua M. Putnam) (02/27/91)

In <1991Feb25.023603.26955@ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz> don@ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz (Donald Whiteside;ccc025p) writes:

>Can anyone help me ? I have installed Coherent on a 386sx machine and it
>runs fine. However as part of the installation process Coherent tries to
>set up the printer. This process failed with 'Cant find driver'.
>The printer is on a parallel port LPT1.
>I have also had a good look around and connot find the Driver LP.

I had the same problem when installing Coherent on my 386sx laptop.
Since I did not have the printer plugged in when installing Coherent,
I did not have it test the printer setup during installation.  When I
tried printing, it could not find the driver.

I re-installed Coherent later on, with the printer plugged in.  When I
asked it to test the printer setup, it still could not print on LPT1.
Now, my laptop only has one printer port, and since I had been using
it with DOS I knew the port was LPT1. But since Coherent could not
find LPT1 I tried LPT2 and Bingo! Everything worked perfectly, and I
have had no more printing problems.
--
 Josh Putnam            josh@happym.wa.com              206/463-9399 ext.102
 Happy Man Corp.   4410 SW Pt. Robinson Road   Vashon Island, WA  98070-7399