[comp.os.misc] {alt,comp}.os.amoeba

gdtltr@chopin.udel.edu (root@research.bdi.com (Systems Research Supervisor)) (12/21/90)

   Would anyone read it? Post to it? Does anyone at VU (Dr. Tanenbaum?)
object? Amoeba seems to be getting an increasing amount of press
lately (CACM Article) & is now available (or at least in January.) It
seems like a promising project & I would like to see it discussed more.
Unfortunately, since it isn't really widespread I imagine most of the
posting would be questions that only the developers could answer.
Comments?

                                        Gary Duzan
                                        Time  Lord
                                    Third Regeneration

--
                            gdtltr@brahms.udel.edu
   _o_                      ----------------------                        _o_

rick@pavlov.ssctr.bcm.tmc.edu (Richard H. Miller) (12/21/90)

Richard H. Miller                 Email: rick@bcm.tmc.edu
Asst. Dir. for Technical Support  Voice: (713)798-3532
Baylor College of Medicine        US Mail: One Baylor Plaza, 302H
                                           Houston, Texas 77030

hp@vmars.tuwien.ac.at (Peter Holzer) (01/07/91)

gdtltr@chopin.udel.edu (root@research.bdi.com (Systems Research Supervisor)) writes:

>   Would anyone read it? Post to it? Does anyone at VU (Dr. Tanenbaum?)
>object? Amoeba seems to be getting an increasing amount of press
>lately (CACM Article) & is now available (or at least in January.) It
>seems like a promising project & I would like to see it discussed more.
>Unfortunately, since it isn't really widespread I imagine most of the
>posting would be questions that only the developers could answer.
>Comments?

I would certainly read it (and I know others who would, too) and
when/if we get Amoeba I would also post. (Well, knowing my
tendency to speak about topics I don't understand I might also
post if we don't get it :-)

--
|    _  | Peter J. Holzer                       | Think of it   |
| |_|_) | Technical University Vienna           | as evolution  |

swansonc@acc.stolaf.edu (Chris Swanson) (03/20/91)

I, for one would be interested in seeing such a group.

	-Chris

--
Chris Swanson, Chem/CS/Pre-med Undergrad, St. Olaf College, Northfield,MN 55057
 DDN: (CDS6)   INTERNET:  swansonc@acc.stolaf.edu  UUCP: uunet!stolaf!swansonc