[comp.os.misc] /usr/lib/uucp

joachim@orfeo.radig.de (Joachim Riedel) (03/17/91)

rose@galtee.cs.wisc.edu (Scott M. Rose) writes:

>     Could someone please send me a listing of the ls -l settings for all
>files in the directory, /usr/lib/uucp ?  I'm having one hell of a time
>with incoming mail getting shunted off into /usr/spool/uucp/uunet and

Hi,

All mentioned files have owner/group uucp, uux?? also setuid uucp.

I had similar problems, mail arrives, bounced or disappeared. I tried
it that way:

I used a proper Mail as arrived with UUCP and wrote:

rmail joachim < mailfile.

The mail never arrives but now I got the message: /bin/lmail  not found

(I used the combination SMAIL 2.5 and WMAIL 3.63).
You should check if rmail works before you blame uucp. You should also
check that the permissions in /usr/spool/uucp are all uucp.

Hope that helps

Joachim

(joachim@jrix.radig.de)

joachim@orfeo.radig.de (Joachim Riedel) (03/24/91)

joachim@orfeo.radig.de (Joachim Riedel) writes:

>I had similar problems, mail arrives, bounced or disappeared. I tried
>it that way:

>I used a proper Mail as arrived with UUCP and wrote:

>rmail joachim < mailfile.

>The mail never arrives but now I got the message: /bin/lmail  not found

>(I used the combination SMAIL 2.5 and WMAIL 3.63).

You also can compare the permissions with those on the distribution disk 3.
Just mount it and compare.

BTW: WMAIL 3.63 is in comp.os.minix. COMB, WMAIL and SMAIL 2.5 combined and
we have the ideal mailing system for Coherent.

For Bill Huttig:

>  /bin/lmail ........

I made a link to WMAIL afterwards called lmail (I installed WMAIL as distri
buted and had /usr/bin/lmail. I just want to tell that you not always got
an error message if something doesn't work. So I tried it step by step after
mails disappeared in the bitbucket.

Disappearing: I tried to reply to your answers, they crossed the ocean but
bounced. SOrry, but wah@zach.fit.edu and wah@cs.fit.edu didn't work:
wah  USER UNKNOWN

Joachim

(joachim@jrix.radig.de)