[comp.os.misc] PC-MOS

x90glenn@techno.nepean.uws.EDU.AU (Glenn E. Farrell) (04/24/91)

I work part-time in a specialty shop in Sydney and am responsible
for maintaining a small computer system.

The package used is called `The Retailer' and is an American system
and runs on a '286 machine under an operating system called
`PC-MOS Version 6.1a', copyrighted 1982 (as is The Retailer).

Briefly, the system seems to run flat files, can run up to three
terminals and many cash registers as well as having an excellent print
SPOOLer. Drives are addressed as 30,31, 40 and 41 for fixed floppy
drive, tape drive, hard disk and removable hard disk respectively.

Several printers can be run, eg one for each cash register, and a few
off the machine itself.

Can anyone who's in the know tell me about PC-MOS?

Thanking you in advance,

Glenn E.

x90glenn@techno.nepean.uws.EDU.AU (Glenn E. Farrell) (04/30/91)

x90glenn@techno.nepean.uws.EDU.AU (Glenn E. Farrell) writes:

>I work part-time in a specialty shop in Sydney and am responsible
>for maintaining a small computer system.

>The package used is called `The Retailer' and is an American system
>and runs on a '286 machine under an operating system called
>`PC-MOS Version 6.1a', copyrighted 1982 (as is The Retailer).

>Briefly, the system seems to run flat files, can run up to three
>terminals and many cash registers as well as having an excellent print
>SPOOLer. Drives are addressed as 30,31, 40 and 41 for fixed floppy
>drive, tape drive, hard disk and removable hard disk respectively.

>Several printers can be run, eg one for each cash register, and a few
>off the machine itself.

>Can anyone who's in the know tell me about PC-MOS?

>Thanking you in advance,

>Glenn E.

Thanks to all who responded with information. Unfortunately,
I somehow stuffed E-mailing my thanks to these guys, so
I shall thank you here!